Добро пожаловать, Гость
Тема III тура будет доступна участникам, прошедшим в него, для публикации конкурсных эссе с 25.11.2015 по 05.12.2015 года.
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition.

Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 4 мес. назад #1

• Иванов П. А.
  • Иванов П. А. аватар
  • Специалист
  • Спасибо получено: 2005
  • Баллов: 6155
What is your opinion? Do you agree with this statement?
Write 200 – 250 words.
Use the following plan:
− make an introduction (state the problem)
− express your personal opinion and give 2–3 reasons for your opinion
− express an opposing opinion and give 1–2 reasons for this opposing opinion
− explain why you don’t agree with the opposing opinion
− make a conclusion restating your position

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Данная тема открыта для публикации конкурсных эссе III тура в рамках конкурса “Wizards for Essays”

Внимание! Прежде чем опубликовать текст вашего эссе, внимательно ознакомьтесь с Положением о конкурсе.

Положение о конкурсе.

Пример оформления публикации конкурсной работы:

Конкурсное эссе Иванова Ивана Николаевича,
ученика 11 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 4" города Екатеринбурга,
учитель Сергеева Антонина Дмитриевна.
/Далее публикуется текст эссе/
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 4 мес. назад от Иванов П. А..
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #2

Конкурсное эссе Горбачева Павла Александровича,
ученика 11 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 8" поселка Шолоховский, Ростовской области,
учитель Тонкова Анна Васильевна.

Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. Many argue with this statement because sometimes they do not have time for critical thinking and they have to use intuition. But those who say that they trust only intuition are not right. After all, they do not always trust it as there are situations in which intuition can play a bad joke with them.

I think that to use critical thinking better than to trust intuition. First, I always think over every question and every action and make a conclusion. It helps not to make a mistake again. Second, our memory improves and it is good for brains. Third, using critical thinking we often make the right choice than relying on intuition.

Some people trust their intuition and it has some advantages because intuition does not require much time to reply or make an action. There are also people whose intuition never fails, they trust and hope for it and there is no sense to use critical thinking.

I do not agree that you need to trust intuition. There are moments in which I do it. For example, in an emergency there is no time for critical thinking. However, in most cases the decision is not right.

In conclusion, I want to say that critical thinking is what people should use to make the right choice and have a success even if they spend more time on it.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Горбачев Павел Александрович.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #3

Конкурсное эссе Фоминой Марии Сергеевны,
ученика 10 класса МБОУ "СОШ №1" с УИОП города Буинска РТ,
учитель Волкова Елена Михайловна.

People have been using intuition since time immemorial. They used it when they went hunting. Nowadays we have to make hundreds and hundreds of decisions every day. But we shouldn’t take everything for granted. There is always a battle in our minds – a battle between intuition and critical thinking.

I think that we should think critically. Firstly, critical thinking teaches us to analyze information and think objectively. Secondly, people who think critically always know how to use information for themselves, how to improve their knowledge and strengthen arguments. They rely on their own opinions in decision-making process.

On the other hand, some people claim that intuition is very important. Intuition is a process that gives us the ability to know something without logical reasoning. It is completely based on human emotions and feelings. They say that people follow intuition in extreme situations and thus they save themselves.

I strongly disagree with this view, because a person, who thinks instinctively, can be mistaken. In my opinion, you should weigh pros and cons to make the right decision. Quick decision may be changed after thinking over.

Despite other people’s opinion I still believe that critically thinking person tries to find answers and reasonable explanations. Humanity has never stood still and has always developed. We see something new and want to learn about it more and more. Thanks to critical thinking each person becomes a personality.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Фомина Мария Сергеевна.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #4

Конкурсное эссе Шейх Осман Лейлы Аль-Хадеровны,
ученика 11 класса МОУ "Лицея № 2" города Волгограда,
учитель Герасимова Ирина Владимировна.

Nowadays more and more people prefer using critical thinking rather than trust intuition and they think that this is the thing that can help to get a desirable result while others rely only on their intuition.

In my opinion critical thinking is more helpful than intuition. Firstly, because it is based on real facts and our mind operates with them, besides, it uses life experience, that is why it will help you to make the right choice. Secondly, using critical thinking you can analyse the situation from different points of view what is of great value for making the right decisions.Thirdly, people can rely on you in difficult situations, because you will act using your logic but not only emotions.

But a lot of people do not agree with this point, they think that intuition can help in a difficult situations without serious consequences. Moreover, intuition saves your time when you are not able to think about something thoroughly but an immediate decision needs to be made.

But I do not agree with them because intuition is more likely a prediction based on emotions and feelings and it can not be always real. Very often it can lead to spontaneous actions with unpredictable consequences.

All things considered, I think it is not bad to listen to your inner voice but it is better to think consequenly, control oneself and it can be done successfully only with the help of critical thinking.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Шейх Осман Лейла Аль-Хадеровна.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #5

Конкурсное эссе Жуковой Елизаветы Аркадьевны,
ученика 11 класса МОУ "Лицея № 2" города Волгограда,
учитель Плаксина Елена Анатольевна.

In these days of growing up responsibility, most of people try to have thorough reasoning behind their decisions. Yet, there are plenty of people who prefer relying on intuition. They are convinced that only intuition suggests the correct ways as it is a subconscious process by which a person interprets the nonobjective into the objective. Whose viewpoint is foolproof?

Personally, I belong to the second group for several reasons. Firstly, if we think a lot, we may never determine to act. So you can miss a lot of golden opportunities. Secondly, intuition is an indispensable part of thinking; it is the result of years of experience. Thus, when you act basing on it, you are actually conducted by deep knowledge of the field. Finally, if everyone is prudent and hard-headed, life will be extremely tedious. Nobody will suddenly surprise you and make you smile.

Nevertheless, not all people share this opinion. They claim that intuition is not worth being followed. It is not always correct and seldom works. Therefore, you can fail a vital deal. Also, the exact sciences such as physics or mathematics require evidence since the proof is not possible without critical intellection. This implies sciences cannot exist without critical minding, and modern people will not survive without sciences.

I cannot agree with these ideas. Of course, the sixth sense can make a mistake. But so does the most accurate critical mind. Besides, some inventions would have never been created without help of intuition. Sometimes essential discoveries are made accidentally as scholars follow their intuition.

In conclusion, I would state again that intuition stimulates out-of-the-box ideas and facilitates problem solving.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #6

Конкурсное эссе Галичевой Инны Владимировны
ученицы 10 класса МБОУ "Красноярская СОШ №1"
села Красный Яр Астраханской области
учитель: Богатырёва Татьяна Владимировна

Some people claim that we should think critically, while others argue that it is better to rely on your instincts. I will try to express my opinion.
Personally, I think that we should think objectively, make decisions based on analysis and experience. Firstly, critical thinking allows us to analyze perceived information, take into consideration all advantages and drawbacks, get rid of mistakes. It helps us to act wisely, soberly value the situation. Secondly, this kind of thinking is based on the experience of a great number of people. Finally, it is an ability to come to an independent considered conclusion.
However, some people say that it is better to trust your feelings because it is not always possible to think consciously. For example, a person is not able to use critical thinking to determine whom he should love. He can rely here only on his feelings. Moreover, people are often short in time and do not have an opportunity to analyze the situation, find all pros and cons.
I cannot agree with them because it is unwise and questionable to use intuitive thinking when you come face to face with problems for the first time. In addition people can't deeply and thoroughly study a situation relying only on intuition .
In conclusion, I should say that every person decides himself what way of thinking he chooses. But I am strongly agree with Pascal who said "Man's greatness lies in his power of thought". Thus I am for critical thinking.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #7

Конкурсное эссе Минской Евы Евгеньевны,
ученицы 10 класса МБОУ Богдановской СОШ поселка Чистоозерный, Ростовской области,
учитель Веревкина Лидия Михайловна.

Nowadays, we are living in a society of information and communication technologies. Every day people get a lot of new information. A number of facts and knowledge has significant increased. We have to find answers and make true decisions. Some people believe that we should use critical analysis to understand
the permanently developing world. Other people think that we should not deny our sixth sense to get benefits quickly.

I agree with the point of view that every person should apply rational thinking. Firstly, it allows comprehend new data to analyse unknown events and situations. Secondly, if you can think critically, you enrich your knowledge. Finally, an
appeal to reason gives an opportunity to think more effectively, more productively in order to arrive at solutions to problems.

Nevertheless, we can find a contrary point of view. Some people think that we should listen to our inner voice because intuition is the result of people’s experience. To their mind, our heart can foresee what is going to happen without analysing new information.

Despite other people’s opinion, I still believe that a critically thinking person is open to new ideas and methods. Critical analysis is an extremely important skill in the twenty-first century because we cannot live without being correctly informed
about new circumstances.

To sum it up, I am sure that critical thinking helps realize our role in the world.This skill is necessary for our choice in the contemporary world because a hasty intuitive decision can be risky and dangerous.
Тема заблокирована.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.175 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум