Добро пожаловать, Гость

ТЕМА: " Cross the river "

" Cross the river " 11 года 10 мес. назад #1

" Cross the river "

Get ready the numbers from 1 to 10 written on the pieces of paper. These are the stepping stones.

Tell the children to cross the river, jumping on the stepping stones (pieces of paper with numbers). There's only one thing - they may jump on the numbers if they pronounce them correctly. If they don't know the answer they get wet in the stream of water! Only a person who names all the numbers can cross the river without getting wet jumping on stepping stones!
To make the game more interesting and dramatic, you may say that the ugly witch cast a spell on some stepping stones. Thus they can't jump on for example, numbers 2 and 5. So they jump naming the numbers - one - three - four - six - seven -eight - nine - ten.
When the Ss know the numbers 1--10 pretty well, you can place the numbers randomly to make to game a bit more challenging.
Concerning the issue with all the participants in ‘cross the river’ game- it’s quite easy. Teacher tells the Ss to follow the jumping person and if he/she makes or mistake or stumbles they count one-two-three – clap their hands - and the player gets wet in the stream (they like this part). And there is one more thing – everybody should ‘cross the river’. So Ss who are not sure that they know all the words for sure, follow the player and thus have an opportunity to revise the words once again. Nobody wants to get wet!

The game can be played with any vocabulary, the teacher can place the picture cards to drill the vocabulary or the word cards to practice reading, as stepping stones
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.

Re: " Cross the river " 11 года 6 мес. назад #2

:) I play this game in any class from 7-11. And I should notice that everyone likes it. What are the rules of my game? You should also cross the river. I devide my group of 12 pupils into three smaller groups of 4 pupils. Then I check the vocabulary pupils learnt at home. There are three rivers drawn on the blackboard; one pupil from each group goes to the blackboard at one and the same time and write the first word they remember from the Module, then the second pupil goes to the blackboard and writes the second word beginning with the last letter of the first word.They are allowed to help each other. If anybody doesn't remember the word, another pupil can go instead of him. The winner is the group which finish to write the most number of words in 3-4 minutes. Then I give the winners some sweets or cookies. They like it very much and try to do their best.

Re: " Cross the river " 11 года 6 мес. назад #3

It seems to be an exciting game, thanx.

Re: " Cross the river " 11 года 6 мес. назад #4

Бурнашёв Герман Дмитриевич пишет:
It seems to be an exciting game, thanx.
Try it & you'll see if it's interesting or not for your pupils.

Re: " Cross the river " 11 года 5 мес. назад #5

I assure u I will do it. But only in term two.

Re: " Cross the river " 11 года 5 мес. назад #6

I assure u I will do it. But only in term two.

Re: " Cross the river " 9 года 10 мес. назад #7

Have you tried to play the game, German Dmitrievich?
Время создания страницы: 0.232 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум