Добро пожаловать, Гость
Тема III тура будет доступна участникам, прошедшим в него, для публикации конкурсных эссе с 25.11.2015 по 05.12.2015 года.
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition.

Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 4 мес. назад #1

• Иванов П. А.
  • Иванов П. А. аватар
  • Специалист
  • Спасибо получено: 2005
  • Баллов: 6155
What is your opinion? Do you agree with this statement?
Write 200 – 250 words.
Use the following plan:
− make an introduction (state the problem)
− express your personal opinion and give 2–3 reasons for your opinion
− express an opposing opinion and give 1–2 reasons for this opposing opinion
− explain why you don’t agree with the opposing opinion
− make a conclusion restating your position

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Данная тема открыта для публикации конкурсных эссе III тура в рамках конкурса “Wizards for Essays”

Внимание! Прежде чем опубликовать текст вашего эссе, внимательно ознакомьтесь с Положением о конкурсе.

Положение о конкурсе.

Пример оформления публикации конкурсной работы:

Конкурсное эссе Иванова Ивана Николаевича,
ученика 10 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 4" города Екатеринбурга,
учитель Сергеева Антонина Дмитриевна.
/Далее публикуется текст эссе/
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 4 мес. назад от Иванов П. А..
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #2

Конкурсное эссе Корниловой Юлии Ивановны,
ученицы 8 класса МБОУ ДСОШ № 3 г. Дятьково Брянской области
учитель - Корнилова Наталья Геннадьевна

For many years world scientists have been looking for the perfect way to make the right decision.Some people trust their intuition, but others rely on critical thinking. What is a good adviser – the inner voice or logic? Let us consider who is right?
In my opinion, we should use critical thinking when making decisions. It is more reliable than intuition. To begin with, rationality is important when a person has to prove his resolution, for example, in court. Moreover, critical thinking can help people in new situations when they have no experience in solving them.
However, some people think, intuition is the best adviser. When it is difficult to make a decision, people have the perfect opportunity to consult their inner voice. They believe a person should trust it, especially in extreme situations, when there is no time for thinking. Besides, intuition helps people foresee events before they happen.
But I cannot agree with them. Firstly, people should not rely on their intuition because it can let them down. It is not always possible to understand what is a valuable intuition, and what is some other voice – the voice of fear or just a delusion. Secondly, trusting intuition can lead to unpredicted consequences, especially when that trust is not proved with judgment.
In conclusion, I should say: so many people, so many opinions and it is up to you to decide what is the best adviser for you – intuition or logic. I think they should act together. Having got an inner hint, we should think well before using it
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Корнилова Юлия Ивановна. Причина: коррекция
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #3

Конкурсное эссе Пархоменко Федора Михайловича,
ученика 8 класса МБОУ ДСОШ № 3 г. Дятьково Брянской области
учитель - Корнилова Наталья Геннадьевна

Nowadays humankind is going throw the age of information and high technologies. In these conditions people cannot go without analysis and logical reasoning in solving their problems. However, sometimes they have to make a decision following their instinct or intuition. Now I would like to express my point of view on this problem.
I support the idea that intuition is one of the main functions of the human mind alone with thinking. To begin with, intuition can help a person in critical situations when there is no time to think consequentially. Moreover, critical thinking limits the area of potential solutions and shackles the imagination. On the contrary, intuition is a means of creative self-expression and amazing source of constructive power.
But there are people who think that it is rashly and riskily to rely on instinct. In their opinion, only considered actions can lead to right decision-making. Besides, critical thinking is essential to both effective learning and productive living. Future jobs will be displaced by new technologies. Now students have to learn how to think critically, so that they can become more marketable.
I do not share the above-given view. Firstly, very often people make unexpected solutions which can completely change their fate. Secondly, there are many areas of life where intuition and imagination play a leading role, for example, music, art, theatre.
In conclusion, I should say: it is important to keep balance between heart and head. In such reason a person will have the ability to maximize his potential. All in all, it is up to everybody to decide whether to listen to his heart or head.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #4

Конкурсное эссе Сергеевой Анастасии Сергеевны,
ученицы 9 класса МОУ "СОШ № 1" поселка Красногорского,
учитель Леухина Надежда Ивановна.

The issue of critical thinking worries a lot of people all over the world. Some of them guess that following logic is better than relying on intuition while others strongly disagree with them. Let’s speculate what stands behind it.

I am sure that the use of critical thinking is beneficial for everyone. First of all, it helps us to make complete decisions without any reasons for changing our mind. That is why we should have enough knowledge for making our mind about something. Moreover, if we use critical thinking, we will always have weight arguments and then a sober opinion of any issue because we will analyze our own actions and feelings after all.

Anyway, there are some cases when critical thinking can’t be used and, consequently, intuition is of great help here. For example, some people do not have enough information or knowledge for making a reasonable solution. That is why people use their intuition as a way to guess the right answer. Besides, feelings can be true sometimes. They help us when we need to choose the way to live. Only inner voice can prompt a person the right decision.

However, truthfully it sounds, I would not agree with the above mention idea because critical thinking is more effective for science and architecture. There is no way to build a house without accurate calculations and logic.

In conclusion, I want to say that critical thinking is much more effective in everyday life than intuition. To my mind, we should not trust feelings when our success depends on it.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #5

Конкурсное эссе Лутовиновой Дарьи Дмитриевны,
ученицы 8 класса МБОУ "СОШ № 8" поселка Шолоховский, Ростовской области,
учитель Тонкова Анна Васильевна.

The opinion that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition exists. There are some people who believe that to trust intuition is the best way to achieve success. However, other people use critical thinking and they do not regret about it. Whose opinion is right?

As far as I see, critical thinking is the best way to solve problems. To begin with, it develops our mind. Moreover, we cannot hope for intuition when we make serious decisions that will influence our future life. For example, the situation when we try to decide what to do after school.

On the other hand, some people strongly believe that intuition is the only right way. First, they do not need to rake their brains and make a difficult choice between different variants. Second, for some people intuition always helps to choose the best way.

I cannot take this point of view because I am sure that critical thinking is much better than intuition because it wakes up our mind and our logic. Besides, intuition sometimes fails.

In conclusion, I want to underline that using critical thinking brings people to success and develops internal qualities that are very useful in our life.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #6

Конкурсное эссе Власовой Юлии Максимовны,
ученицы 8 класса МОУ "Лицей №2 Краснооктябрьского района Волгограда"
учитель - Романенко Людмила Ивановна

Nowadays there are two main ways of thinking: critical and intuitive. Some people prefer acting after careful reasoning, while others would rather apply intuition. Whose approach is correct?

In my opinion, people should use critical thinking because it makes life better organized. Firstly, people who can examine, compare and contrast things make decisions easily. It is not a problem for them to study a question and find a solution. Secondly, this way of thinking implies that a person can analyze, review and discuss things. It means a human understands what is happening, anticipates events and, therefore, has more opportunities to achieve goals. For instance, these skills help a person to make a career.

However, some people claim that there are too many situations in our life, which are difficult to understand and you need plenty of time to think them over. In addition, in situations when we are short of time or it is a case of emergency, only intuition or, so called “sixth sense”, helps. You just feel you should do something in a definite way, you trust this perception and it turns out to be the right decision.

As for me, I cannot totally agree with these arguments. We cannot deny the fact that when we act intuitively, we are guided by our feelings and personal judgements. Besides, we should admit that we do not know how intuition works so the final outcome is unpredictable.

In conclusion, I can stress that I would not rely on intuition. I am convinced that when we do not consider any facts, our actions and ideas may be wrong and lead to bad results.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Власова Юлия Максимовна.
Тема заблокирована.

Re: Some people think that we should use critical thinking rather than trust intuition. 8 года 3 мес. назад #7

Конкурсное эссе Ненашкиной Полины Александровны,
ученицы 9 класса МОУ "СОШ № 1" поселка Красногорского,
учитель Леухина Надежда Ивановна.

Every person has to make important decisions in his everyday life. Many of us are puzzled if we should rely on critical thinking or listen to our inner voice called intuition. Let us discuss both opinions.

As for me, I believe that use of critical thinking can be more helpful than following intuition. First of all, intellection is the knowledge received from teachers, parents and friends, conveyed from books and other sources. It lets us act logically and succeed. Also, it is life experience which allows us not to make the same mistakes again and again.
Still, there are people who have another opinion. To their mind, intuition helps us to make the most difficult decisions when the reason is powerless and we cannot cope with a choice. It is also said that people should listen to their inner voice in the issues connected with love and friendship.
I disagree with this point of view as I believe that intuition is not always reliable and sometimes prevents from making a quick decision when a situation demands it. Relying on logic when we are in danger is more beneficial.
In conclusion, I want to say that we should not believe intuition; critical thinking is much more effective. All influential decisions are based on facts and arguments after all.
Последнее редактирование: 8 года 3 мес. назад от Ненашкина Полина Алекснадровна.
Тема заблокирована.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.149 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум