Добро пожаловать, Гость
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Pantomimic game

Pantomimic game 11 года 10 мес. назад #1

I would like to present one of my favourite game which I prefer to use as an ice- breaker or first lesson activity. It’s a pantomimic game. It is based on TPRs and suits for 3rd – 5th classes. We know that this age group learns better through such activities. It allows reducing tensions and setting warm and friendly atmosphere in class. It also makes the learning experience enjoyable. Flashcards or cards with the words written on them help to organize this game. I’m not sure where exactly I found out this activity. I suppose in one of my course books I use for the lessons.
How to play: Teacher brings a student to the front of the class and asks him/her to choose a flashcard with the picture which s/he likes, but student is not allowed to show it to the class. At the start of the lesson teacher should decide on a topic area that will be the focus for review. The task is to describe the keyword on his/her flashcard to the classmates. S/he should use hand gestures and mime only. If a student guesses the word s/he will come to the front of the class and choose another flashcard to describe. To make the activity clearer teacher should get some students to demonstrate what the others are going to do. Showing a game by giving an example is very important and can be done by the teacher or by the students. Teachers are encouraged to participate in the game, not only to bond with the children, but also to relieve some of their own tensions.
This is a great game actively involves students in educational process after holiday and has the goals of helping children to practice the vocabulary and structure: « Is it a/an ?». Students like this activity because all of them are included even students with lower - skill level. There is a real sense of achievement when they guess the word. It is an effective and useful tool for teacher to make the process more enthusiastic and vivid. This is simply a method for students to use their imagination, creativity and linguistic guessing.
It could be used in many different ways, for example, teacher can split the class into two groups. Each team member is trying to pantomime the keyword for the opposition team to guess. Team earns one point for each keyword correctly guessed. The winning team is the team with the highest score. The game can be improved for students with the higher – skill level if teacher asks them to write the guessed keyword thus we can revise and practice the spelling of the words. Students generally move from the pantomimic game into the writing process with more enthusiasm and more direction. Teacher also can allow the pupils to use their own words from a particular topic to describe and asks them to make sentences with the guessed keyword. I often use this activity because it can be fun, refreshing and it makes the educational process enjoyable.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи гостям.

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #2

С треском провалилась эта игра на уроке в 4 классе. Или у меня не хватило терпения, или я что-то делал не так. Что-то больше не хочется возвращаться к этой игре. ooops

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #3

Бурнашёв Герман Дмитриевич пишет:
С треском провалилась эта игра на уроке в 4 классе. Или у меня не хватило терпения, или я что-то делал не так. Что-то больше не хочется возвращаться к этой игре. ooops
Даже не знаю, что сказать, Герман Дмитриевич. Я тоже пробовала её в 4 -5 классах. Детям нравилось.

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #4

Я успешно использую подобные игры для детей более младшего возраста.

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #5

Когда у меня не получается что-то, уходит несколько дней на обдумывание и потом я с успехом прохожу этот этап, посмотрим что будет дальше.

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #6

Прошёл на "ура" более упрощённый вариант игры с 6-классниками, когда отрабатывали видовременную форму PRESENT CONTINUOUS - взяли старую русскую игру "Что мы делаем - не скажем, а что делаем - покажем!" Двое уч-ся заранее решали, какое действие они будут показываать, вся группа внимательно следила за действом, задача уч-ся догадаться о том, что сейчас делают ребята и спросить: "ARE YOU V-ING?" Ребята отвечали на вопрос, если действие не угадывалось, еще раз повторяли свои движения - счастью не было предела, желающих изобразить какое-либо действие миллион, все - такие артисты, оказывается, но время, к сожалению, на уроке ограничено.
Как закрепляли видоврем. форму PAST CONT: превратились в "спецагентов" на 5-7 минут, которые выполняли задание босса и "составили" видеорепортаж за наблюдаемыми лицами ("репортаж был в небольшом видеосюжете", который я подготовила заранее для ребят). Увидев картинку на экране , нужно было сказать, а что делал Мистер, девочка, мальчики и т.д в 8 часов вечера вчера. Лес рук :P , все хотели поведать секретную информацию :cheer:

Вложение 36_1_11.gif не найдено

Спасибо сказали: Уколова Дарья Олеговна

Re: Pantomimic game 11 года 3 мес. назад #7

Надежда Ивановна, а когда Вы готовили видеорепортаж? За несколько уроков до часа Х?
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.168 секунд
Работает на Kunena форум